Going meatless doesn’t have to be hard. Or boring. Or tasteless. Meatless meals are actually a great way to spice things up with your daily menu!
Adding in a day or two of meatless meals can help you explore a variety of new proteins, reduces your risk of chronic preventable conditions and can help you reduce water consumption! Good for you AND the planet.
Why Monday? Well, research shows that Monday is the perfect day to make small, positive changes. There are 52 Mondays in a year, and repeating these challenges on Mondays helps you expand your healthy behavior! BUT going meatless can happen on more than Mondays! There are tons of great ways to incorporate plant-based meals into your everyday life…And tons of great places to do it! Looking for meatless options here in Baltimore? Check out some of our favorite restaurants and meals at the following locations:
- Garden Quinoa Salad at Baba’s Mediterranean Kitchen, Federal Hill
- Ceasar Salad at Mama’s on the Half Shell, Canton
- Butternut Squash Soup at Artifact Coffee, Hampden
- White Pizza at Joe Squared, Inner Harbor/Station North
- Sugar Snap Pea Salad at Liv2Eat, Federal Hill
- Aloo Gobi at Indigma, Mount Vernon
- Vegan Futo Maki at Sticky Rice, Fells Point
- Cilantro & Ginger Edamame at The Food Market, Hampden
- Pre-made Salad and/or Hot Bars at Whole Foods, Harbor East/Mt. Washington
- Acai Bowls at Pure Raw Juice, Federal Hill
Not in the city? No worries! You can also search on Instagram or Pinterest for some great #MeatlessMonday recipes (we looked and there are over 100k tags!!).
What’s your favorite meatless meal here in Baltimore or a recipe you cook on meatless Mondays?