Tis’ the season of pumpkin lattes, butternut squash soups, bonfires and apple picking. Even though we miss summer, there is SO MUCH that we love about the fall season!
It’s the time of the year to start swapping in seasonal produce who enjoy their prime time in the fall. This season’s fruits and veggies offers a range of intense flavors and real textures. Grocery stores and farmers’ markets are full of apples, figs, pears, pumpkins, sweet potatoes and butternut squash.
We’ve pulled together a few tips and recipes for some of our favorite fall fruits and veggies.
Check out our links and lists below !
BMOREtoned FAVORITE FALL COOKING TIPS!
- Use all the herbs! Sage, rosemary, thyme…they’re all great to spice up your meals! One of our favorite fall mixups is to add chopped garlic & rosemary to our roasted veggies!
- Top your salads with roasted roots! Butternut squash, acorn squash, turnips…they’re all delicious! Quickly roast them in the oven and add small slices to top it off.
- Add roasted seeds to the mix! You can enjoy the flesh of fall squashes but don’t forget the seeds! Toast them in the oven and mix them into your homemade granola!
- Pumpkin is great in SO MANY things! Add some to your oatmeal, pancake mix, hummus, pasta and more! (stay tuned for another awesome pumpkin post!)
TASTY FALL RECIPES
- Sweet Potato Turkey Chili
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Fig and Almond Butter Smoothie
- Paleo Pumpkin Bread
- Slow Cooked Apple Butter
We want to hear from you! What’s your favorite fall recipe?