If you need an excuse to chow down on waffles during the middle of the week, you’ve got one…Today is International Waffle Day! Being the BMOREtoned gals we are, we put our own healthy twist on it so you can enjoy a good waffle in a healthy way.
One of my favorite go-to breakfasts is a protein waffle. I bought a very inexpensive waffle maker from Wal-Mart (I think it was $20) and I can tell you have I use to it big time!
Here is one of our favorite recipes for a healthy waffle. The best thing is that you can prep these ahead of time and then save them for on-the-go meals during the week. You just pop them in the toaster!
- 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder (we recommend Perfect Fit or About Time Whey)
- ½ C of egg whites
- ½ banana
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 T of almond butter
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl - really smash the banana up so you don't have any big clumps!
- Pre-heat your waffle maker as you are combing all of your ingredients. We recommend a Coconut Oil spay to use on the waffle maker.
- Pour the waffle mix into the maker, give it about 5-8 mins to cook.
- Top with honey or agave, chia seeds or some more banana.
Tag us on your favorite waffle recipes!