We LOVE the organization Let’s Move, the first lady’s initiative to help get our children on the path to a healthy future during their earliest months and years. They are celebrating FIVE YEARS this year and in honor of this big anniversary they’ve launched the #GimmeFive Challenge!
For #GimmeFive, FLOTUS is asking everyone to list five things they are doing to eat better, be more active and lead a healthier life. People from all over the country have already joined in – from eating five fruits and vegetables to doing five pushups or lunges to sharing five healthy recipes!
We’re with you, FLOTUS! For my #GimmeFive, I’m going to add five easy healthy actions to my routine:
- Adding yoga to my routine! I’ve tried to do this before and do sometimes, but it hasn’t stuck as a regular practice. Yoga helps me relax, stretch and center myself – I’m making it happen this time. Check in on me now & again, will you FLOTUS? 🙂
- Trying out a standing desk! After a few years with a ball chair, I’ve retreated back to the land of the regular chairs. But, I think it’s hurting my posture and my muscles – I’m going to try out a standing desk at least a few times a week to add in some active work!
- Rocking lunge walks with work folks! Lunges down the hallway are such an easy way to get in a little workout!
- Getting enough sleep! We’ve talked about how sleep is so important and yet…we ignore the signs of fatigue and push ourselves past the limit! Working to get in some more zzzz’s!
- Shopping for local foods! Not only do I want to support local farms/businesses, but these foods are healthier and more nutritious!
What about you? Share 5 ways you’re eating healthy or getting active, then challenge your friends to gimme five more! Spread the fitness love!