Get moving on Thanksgiving Day. Just because it’s a holiday, doesn’t mean you have an excuse to do nothing. Believe us…you will thank us later after that turkey dinner. The average American consumes just about 3,000 calories during their Thanksgiving feast. That doesn’t even include the pre-snacks and desserts…add another 1,500 calories to that 3,000 calories, total for 4,500 calories just in one evening!
Here’s some ways you can get moving and get your turkey burn on around Baltimore:
RUN: Turkey Trots are fun way to get your Thanksgiving Day started (hopefully you weren’t out too late the night before at the bars with friends). Turkey Trot races are short and sweet, typically you burn around 300-500 calories!
- Y of Central Maryland Turkey Trots are happening all over Maryland in: Arnold, Baltimore City, Bel Air, Ellicott City, Towson and Westminster! Check out their site for more details!
- The MAC’s Gobble Cobble Turkey Trot course starts just outside of the MAC Harbor East, runs into Fells Point, then tours the Fells waterfront on the old cobble stone roads! Get in a good run before enjoying that turkey!
SPIN: REV Cycle Studio will be hosting classes on Thanksgiving Day to ensure you get your sweat on!
- 8:00am-9:30am: Turkey Burn with Esther.
Yes, 90 mins of spin, you could burn almost to 1,500-2,000 calories at this sweat sesh!
- 9:45am-10:30am: REV45 with Arch
- 10:45am-11:30am: REV Blast with Jami, followed by 15mins of core
YOGA: Create movement, flow and maybe some meditation before the family madness happens later that day with the some of our local yoga studios:
- Charm City Yoga
CCY has a bunch of classes going on at all their locations – check out the schedule to find one near you!
9:00-10:00am: M.Power 1
10:30-11:30am: M. Power 2
12:00-1:15pm: M.Power 2 (75 mins)
Get your Turkey Burn on!