This Friday, May 15, is Bike to Work Day! This national campaign presents a great opportunity to encourage/celebrate this healthy lifestyle AND healthy planet choice for commuters!
There will be more than 33 locations throughout our Baltimore region for bikers to get tune-ups, enjoy riding challenges, eat free food and enter prize give-away (including two bikes, courtesy of Race Pace Bicycles and The Hub & C’Ville Bikes – for those who register in advanced).
Baltimore City has a ton of locations to visit:
- Baltimore City Dept of Transportation (7 to 9 a.m. at Baltimore City Hall)
- 750 East Pratt LLC & Hord Coplan Macht (7 to 9 a.m. on Pratt Street in from of IMET Facility next to Coast Guard Ship)
- Baltimore Bicycle Works (7 to 9 a.m. at 1813 Falls Road)
- Baltimore Redline (7 to 9 a.m. at Light + Lombard St)
- Joe’s Bike Shop of Mount Washington (7 to 9 a.m. at the corner of Bellmore Road and Roland Avenue)
- Johns Hopkins University (East Baltimore campus) (6:30 to 9 a.m.at 1620 McElderry St.)
- Johns Hopkins University (Homewood Campus) (7 to 9 a.m. at Mason Hall)
- Maryland Dept. of the Environment (7 to 9 a.m. at Montgomery Park)
- MD State Highway Administration (7 to 9 a.m. at Guilford + Monument St)
- MindGrub Technologies (6:30 to 9 a.m. at 1215 East Fort Ave)
- University of Maryland Medical Center (6:30 to 9 a.m. at Greene + Lombard St)
- Waterfront Partnership (7 to 9 a.m. at Aliceanna + President St.)
There are even more locations around the state – Find a location close to you here!
We know not everyone has the opportunity to bike to work, but for those who are considering the option, it’s a great day to try! It’s the perfect excuse to figure out your route through the city. Not close to work but close to your gym? It’s also a good time to try biking to and from your fitness classes (believe me, I KNOW how horrible parking is…).
It’s also a great opportunity to look at what places are around you that you could bike to after work. Because it’s also a Friday, you also have a little time to explore! We love hopping on the bikes and riding around the harbor! Or down/around Fort McHenry!
Still on the fence? Take a look at the facts. Pedaling around town saves gas, saves money AND helps save the planet (plus it helps you stay active, which you know we love)!
So join me! Use the hashtags #Ready2Bike and #BMOREtoned to let us know when and where you’re biking this week!
MapMyRide is also hosting a contest for those who can share a great photo from their ride! Think you’ve got a shot? Share your scene from the saddle to enter to win an ultimate cyclist prize pack, free MVP subscription to MapMyRide, or an Under Armour gift card for new gear!
Looking for a cool outfit to rock while biking? You know we love these Baltimore jerseys from Hill Killer!