Happy Thanksgiving Week! This time of year can be one of our favorites – it’s a wonderful time to get together with friends and family, to celebrate what you’re thankful for, to enjoy a trip away from home (depending on traffic/delays…) and of course to yummy down on some delicious food.
Throwback photos from a few of our first BMOREtoned friendsgiving celebrations. We made A LOT of food…
This food can, however, throw you off your healthy regimen and crush the momentum you’ve been rocking so far this year. Don’t worry. We have a few tips and, of course, healthy recipes to indulge but still stay on top!
BMOREtoned Healthy Thanksgiving Tips:
- Be flexible! Can’t make your favorite barre class because your hometown has literally never heard of barre…it’s ok. Look up some online videos and have them ready to go in your bedroom or living room. Take a walk in the brisk fall air to get moving!
- Plan for fitness while you travel! If your hometown does have gyms, check them out. See if they have an affordable drop in rate and check out their classes. Maybe they’re even on ClassPass!
- Recruit others! Celebrating with family? Grab cousin Tommy and aunt Carol and see if they’ll go for a walk with you. Not with fitness enthusiasts? Text your best workout buddy from afar. Having someone going through this with you will help you stay accountable.
- Make/Bring some of your own healthy treats! It’s not always easy to affect what’s put out on the table, but don’t be afraid to offer! We have some fantastic recipes that will help you balance the heavy foods that are destined to don your plate this week…
Let’s start with drinks and appetizers? Wine not? 😉
- Pomegranate Mojito
- Gundalow Juice Mocktail: Stock up on some Gundalow Juice and some bubbly for a fruity cocktail! Another good mix is the Sailor’s Delight with cucumber vodka. This juice has pineapple, cucumber, lime, ginger and jalapeño so it pairs really well!
- Sweet Potato Rounds with Herbed Ricotta & Walnuts
- Turkey Cranberry Meatballs: We love putting these little guys on a stick guests to enjoy and to dip into a sauce. We recommend the Tesseemae’s BBQ Sauce to dip them in.
- Cranberry butternut brussels sprout brie skillet nachos…how does this even exist?!
It’s time for the main event…let’s make it delicious.
- Your Classic Roasted Turkey
- Roasting with citrus & a turkey
- Who needs turkey? Try vegan – there are plenty of ways to make vegan look prettier than a turkey.
Sides to dress it up! We made sure we have the essentials sides in there–sweet potatoes, mash, stuffing and mac & cheese (yes, like we said…this isn’t to crush you but to help you balance good & cheesy alike!).
- Chopped Salad with Brussel Sprouts
- Rosemary Cauliflower Mash
- Paleo Thanksgiving Stuffing
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Cauliflower Parsnip Roasted Mash
Why yes please.
- Grain Free Pumpkin and creamy frosting
- Paleo Chocolate Pie We always need a little chocolate in our lives.
- Power Pumpkin Roll from one of our favs, Powercakes!
A few other recipes we’d love to try:
- Inspiralized Brussel sprouts & butternut squash pasta with parmesan & cranberries
- Tessemae’s Winter Green Salad with Chips, Pistachios & Blue Cheese
- FitReserve Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie
We challenge you to come to the table with at least one healthy recipe for your holiday dinner(s). Sometimes it’s scary to change up recipe traditions, but half the time folks don’t even realize the healthier swap outs. We usually fool our families! We serve, they eat, then we tell. 😉
Cheers to a healthy, happy and delicious Thanksgiving to you and yours! We are so thankful for our BMOREtoned community!