For the last few days, the weather has NOT felt like February. In place of snow and cold winds, we’ve had 60-70 degree days full of sunshine! It’s totally inspired me to get moving!
I was pumped when this inspiration coincided when Verizon reached out to see if BMOREtoned could test some of the new products they sell. If you’re like me, when you think of Verizon you think of phones, but they do have so much more – including the new FitBit Alta I tested!
I’ve used FitBits for a long time, but for the past year or so I’ve been off the train. I started with the original Flex, then moved up to the Charge, then to the Blaze. I love the information and motivation the FitBits provide, but the products I was trying kept getting bigger and bigger. At some point, they just weren’t right for me. I have tiny wrists and I love to wear stacks on stacks of bracelets…having a big, sporty watch just evolved out of my style. But then I tried the Alta…
And I might be back on team FitBit! 🙂 The Alta is cute and small and works wonders! It has the same qualities I liked in the bigger models, but in an itty bitty package. Features I love are:
- First, of course, it tracks my steps and fitness activity really well – you can add in your non-walk/run exercises (like cycle & boot camp) to read your results in a more holistic way!
- It has a watch – with an easily readable face that pops up when you flip your wrist!
- It has reminder alerts to get you moving – for when you sit too long at your desk or on the couch!
- It has a vibrating alarm clock – the wake up is so much less aggressive than my regular noisy alarm clock!
- It connects to your calendar for event and meeting reminders!
- It has settlings for you to get your texts too!
- And, of course, it’s small enough to fit in my everyday stack (see pic below)!
It’s been a great addition to my every day and I’m excited to use it more to track my fitness activity this spring. Check out all the speciality fitness wearables at Verizon online or on their site!
Do you use a FitBit or another wearable tracker to monitor your activity? How do you like it? What are your favorite things about it?
NOTE: This post was in partnership with Verizon but all opinions are my own. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that keep this blog going!