If you’re anything like us, you STILL have leftovers from Thanksgiving in your fridge…haunting you. We’ve been looking for different kinds of recipes to help add some variety to our table (so we’re not eating a mini Thanksgiving over and over). We’ve added turkey to our egg white scramble, cranberry sauce to our avocado toast, sweet potatoes to our dinner veggie hash…
The latest recipe we found was this delicious leftover turkey soup recipe from Tasty! It’s great with your leftover turkey now OR it could be good for later in the winter when you just need a hot soup!
- 4 T butter
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 4 carrots (chopped)
- 4 celery sticks (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1½ lbs cooked turkey
- 64 fl oz chicken broth
- 1½ C parsley (diced)
- 2 T fresh thyme (diced)
- 8 oz egg noodles
- S&P to taste
- In a large pot, over medium heat, melt butter, add onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and cook until vegetables are softened (but not brown).
- Add turkey, then chicken stock, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bring liquid to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add egg noodles, and simmer for 10 minutes (stir occasionally).
What are your favorite recipes to make with Thanksgiving leftovers?